So a few of you have been asking about my daily routine and how I stay productive during this time, especially since when we need to stay home. Keep in mind I transitioned to a WFH routine months ago so I’ve had some time to adjust to a more flexible time frame. So here’s a breakdown of an average day quarantine style!
6 a.m-7 a.m.
- Wake Up
- Journaling & Daily Shine Mental check in (takes about 5-10 minutes)
- Catching up on the Latest headlines with the Skimm This Podcast
7 a.m.-9/9:30 a.m.
- Work out and Meditation-If I have a Zoom workout, which normally starts between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m., I start my day with a meditation. These days, I’m doing Jay Shetty’s meditation, where he is doing 20 minutes of guided meditations for 20 days. Otherwise, I work out first and meditate on my balcony after.
10ish–Breakfast and then on my laptop
1st Half (until lunch)
- Check emails
- Working on my blog/creating & editing content
- Online course-Right now I’m using Coursera to take “Stanford Introduction to Food and Health” and taking an “Introduction to Ayurveda” through Kerala Ayurveda Academy.
2nd half (post lunch)
- Finishing any tasks I didn’t finish in the first half
- Catching up on Podcasts
- Meditation with Mindhouse (if I feel like)
4:00/4:30/5:00 p.m.-Drinking Green Tea and eating Fruits in my front lawn
- Take out tomorrow’s outfit
- Do my weekly skincare regime
- Put fresh laundry away
- Maybe watch a show
8:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.-Watch a show/movie
No Screentime post 9:00 p.m.
- Brushing teeth
- Reading-Currently Reading Year One by Nora Roberts
10:00 p.m.-Lights Out.
So there you have it-a full day’s routine for an average Monday-Friday. While being at home it’s so so important that we have a schedule to help navigate our day and keep our mind productive. We have SO much time on our hands, and we all have to do our best to fill it well. This quarantine is indefinite and we do have to make the best of it. So use this time to fill your day with productive, wonderful tasks to have a fulfilling time this quarantine! Stay safe everyone!